Looking for a talented pastry chef, writer, blogger, editor, or photographer?
For information on my baking degrees and experience, please see my resume at the bottom of this page.
I’ve won multiple writing based scholarships, including one for AlcoholEdu For College.
I enjoy writing humanitarian, opinion, travel, and narrative pieces.
Topics I enjoy writing include (but are certainly not limited to):
Food and Culture
I am also available for resume, blog post, paper (any educational level), and e-book editing.
To request writing samples, please send an email to email@example.com.
For samples of my photography, please visit: http://jpgmag.com/people/coeurplastique
Talented young professional with skills and training in:
PROFESSIONAL STUDIES: BAKING AND PASTRY ARTS
The Culinary Institute of America Hyde Park, NY
- Associates Degree in Occupational Studies, Baking and Pastry Arts 2008
- Bachelors Degree in Professional Studies, Baking and Pastry Arts 2010 GPA: 3.68
University of Illinois at Springfield Springfield, IL 2003-2005
- 5 consecutive semesters of Japanese Language Studies
Glenwood High School Chatham, IL
- Regents Diploma 2006 GPA: 3.73 Rank: 16/289
Experience and Employment
The Bluestem Bakeshop Elkhart, IL 2004-2011
Assistant Manager, Assistant Pastry Chef, Server, Cashier
- Held property keys
- Baked, assembled, and finished all pastries, candies, bread, etc.
- Trained new employees
- Managed employees and retail area
- Assisted customers
- Organized farmer’s market activities
The Blackbird Chicago, IL July-November 2007
Assistant Pastry Chef (Externship)
- Created, prepared, and assembled plated desserts, chocolate pieces, and daily mignardises
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Country Club May 2011-October 2013
Hogan Grill Restaurant Hostess (May-October 2011) and Pastry Chef (October 2011-Present)
- Coordinated seating arrangements and made guests feel welcome
- Created menus, prepared and assembled desserts for restaurant and catering events
- Mentored and delegated to assistant and interns
Awards And Certifications
- Hershey Country Club Employee of the Month (March 2012)
- Servsafe Certified (2008, 2013)
- Over 125 hours community service